You've probably noticed the gorgeous photos about a new event posted by Tesori, Jo Johnson Photography, JLK Weddings, or Zuzu's Petals & Gifts. That's because the wedding industry powerhouses are teaming up for an incredible wedding giveaway valued at more than $25,000.
We Do: Not Your Typical Wedding will take place on May 3 at 6 p.m. in the Walton Arts Center. The evening will be filled to the brim with northwest Arkansas' most revered wedding professionals. The team will show couples how to accomplish the wedding of their dreams while showcasing the newest trends. And one lucky couple will win an entire wedding of their choice.
Jessica Kersey of JLK Weddings says she was thinking about doing a wedding event for quite awhile. When Lindsey Stavely, owner of Tesori, reached out to Jessica about doing a new type of wedding event with Jo Johnson of Jo Johnson Photography and Cindy Stevenson of Zuzu's Petals, the idea immediately took shape.
"We want the event to be welcoming and inviting for brides so they could get real answers to real questions from people who are involved in weddings on a daily basis," Jessica says.
Guests at the May 3 event can expect great drinks, delicious hors d'oeuvres, open and honest answers to their wedding questions and inspiration for their weddings from beginning to end. All attendees will also receive lovely welcome gifts.
"This is definitely not a bridal fair or bridal show," Jessica says. "We want to reach people who would not attend a bridal fair. This is for the bride and groom who don't want your typical wedding. They want to do something new and different. They want to celebrate their love in a way that is personal, not in the same way as every one of their friends who has recently gotten married. We don't want our guests to feel overwhelmed by this event (which is typically how they feel leaving a bridal fair), we want it to relax them about the planning process and to excite them about what they can create for their wedding."
As mentioned above, the vendors behind the event will be giving away an entire wedding. Jessica says that during the first meet-up between the weddings pros, they all decided it would be more appealing to do one big wedding giveaway rather than a few small giveaways.
Here's the list of vendors who have generously donated their services:
- Venue: Osage House (new event venue) - $6500 value
- Wedding Design + Coordination: JLK Weddings - $3500 value
- Photography: Jo Johnson Photography - $4000 value
- Florals: Zuzu's Petals - $2500 value
- Bridal gown: Tesori Bridal - $2500 value
- Videography: Jenny Clair Photo - $1900 value
- Invitations: Ulrich Smith - $1000 value
- Catering: Event Group - $2000 value
- Cake: Rick's Bakery
- Tux Rentals: Menguin - $1080 value
- Hair: Jordan Evans - $150 value
- Makeup: glo limited
- Dress alterations: Amy Johnson of Aimz Designs - $200 value
- Wedding day mani/pedi: GLOSS Nail Lounge
- Popcorn Bar: Hill City Popcorn
- DJ: Smoothman Music Production - $1000 value
- Bridal/bridesmaids t-shirt package: Riffraff, Friday x Saturday t-shirts for the bride and her bridesmaids - $200 value
- Sweating for the wedding package: Pure Barre, 1-month unlimited classes with bride tank top and socks - $200 value
The winner must RSVP online and be in attendance at the event when the drawing takes place. Jessica said they will be sharing different ways of getting extra entries on their social media accounts over the coming weeks.
For more information or to purchase your ticket, click here.
Styled Shoot Details:
Styling + coordination: JLK Weddings, Bentonville
Venue: Walton Arts Center, Fayetteville
Cake: Rick's Bakery, Fayetteville
Invitations: Courtney Ulrich Smith
Catering: Event Group Catering, Fayetteville
Rentals: Eventures Party Rentals, Fayetteville
Hairstylist: Jordan Evans
Makeup artist: Glo Limited, Fayetteville