Melissa Karras + Steven King
Oct. 12, 2013 • Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel, Bella Vista & Fairlane Station, Springdale
Love story: Steve and I were introduced to each other on June 11, 2010. My roommate was dating his roommate at the time, so my roommate invited me over to his house to hang out and meet everyone that night. Steve asked out several times before I agreed to go on a date with him a month later. We both love food and realized our mutual favorite restaurant was Taste of Thai in Fayetteville, so that's where we had our first date. From the day we met, we were talking, texting, and seeing each other everyday. We hadn't been dating very long when Steve got a job offer in Memphis, Tenn., so we both took a leap of faith and moved there together, not knowing anybody there or ever having even been there before. We got engaged on our two-year anniversary on July 11, 2012.
Steve proposed to me privately in our home before taking me out for a beautiful dinner. It was perfect because it was just him and me, exactly how we are.
Wedding inspiration: When we got engaged, we knew we had to get married in the Cooper Chapel because we have an emotional and spiritual attachment to that beautiful chapel in the woods. And I knew I wanted to get married in the fall, with fall colors all around and orange in my flowers.
- Photographer: Elizabeth Looney Photography
- Catering: Simply Divine Catering, Rogers
- Wedding Gown: Low's Bridal & Formal, Brinkley
- DJ: Brock Entertainment, Fayetteville
- Cake: Shelby Lynn Bake Shoppe, Springdale
- Flowers: Rose of Sharon Floral Designs, Johnson
- Makeup/Hair: Freshair Salon, Fayetteville
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Jos A Banks
- Invitations: Velum, St. Louis, Mo.
- Jewelry: Underwoods Jewelers, Fayetteville, and Shane Co. Jewelers